Cascading Writers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physics [:

3 posters

Go down

Physics [: Empty Physics [:

Post  Laura Buczynski Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:13 pm

"Yeah, she wants us to build a pyramid with all this biology stuff on the sides," I say, drawing a triangle in the air with my fingers.

"Where are you going to find the slave labor for that?" Daniel cracks a grin and I push him towards the blue lockers. I laugh.

"Y'know Mr. I said we might be building pyramids. Not like actual pyramids, but like--"

"Fake ones?" A smirk dances on his lips. We keep walking down the hallway and the locker numbers begin to decrease. We're in the 600's. His locker number is 548, I memorized it.

"Shut up, you know what I mean!"

"Or do I?"

"ANYWAYS, biology's not that bad so far. Mrs. Ruppert's pretty nice."

"Yeah, I heard physics--"

"You mean biology."

"Maybe," his mouth drops and his eyes shift from side to side. A teacher gives him a funny look, but he doesn't acknowledge it. I laugh at him and my eyes drop to the hand that's holding his physics book. I don't let them linger there, I pull them back up to his face which has returned to normal. "But yeah I meant bio. I'm glad it turned out I don't need it to graduate. It was bad enough being in the same classroom as all those freshmen for a few days." I want to bring up that it meant he got to switch into World Mythology with me, but I doubted that he did it intentionally.

"Haha I don't want to sound like a hypocrite since I was one last year, but they are pretty annoying." I lean against locker 543 as Daniel tries to open his locker. He has to twist the knob two seperate times for it to open. When it does open he pulls out his Calculus book and hands it to me. I hold it on my head and he puts away his physics book before shutting his locker. He extends his hand for the book, but I start to walk towards the bus loop. He grabs ahold of his book and pulls me backwards, but I don't let go. I try to keep walking forward, but he's stronger than I am and pulls the book from my grasp. I turn on one foot to try to reclaim the book and he's right there. Our faces are inches away, but I screw it up by blushing and trying to take a step back. He laughs at me, but doesn't say anything. We start down the hallway to the buses.

"What're you doing tomorrow?" He askes as we make it to the double doors leading outside.

"Why, what d'you have in mind?"

"I was thinking since I don't have work that we could go hang out at the park or something after school."

"Yeah, that sounds good." I smile and hold out my arms for a hug. The bus is about to leave without me. He presses me against him with one arm. His hands are cold, but otherwise he's warm. When he releases, I step onto the bus and watch him from the window when I sit down.

-

"Stop. Poking. Me-EE!" His fingers poke my side closest to him. I try to sink a little in my seat, but it's kind of hard to do with Daniel consistantly tickling me. Glaring at him, I try to lower my elbow for protection. However writing like that is difficult, so I raise my arm and he attacks again. It's the good and bad part about Mythology class.

The class seems to fly by and soon Mr. I stops teaching, leaving just a few minutes before the seniors could leave for lunch. That's another bad thing about Mythology, Daniel leaves before I do. He stands up and grabs his bag.

"I'll meet you after school. I've got to tell you something." He winks at me. For a moment I freeze up, but then wave as he leaves with the other seniors.

-

"I swear I was going to stab my hand with a pencil just so I could get out of Algebra 2 for a little while! The teacher was driving me CRAZY!" I'm trying to keep the conversation going as we get into Daniel's car. It's a green with more than a few little dings and is older than I am. The air conditioning doesn't work, so the moment he starts the car the windows are rolled down. He doesn't say much as we slowly make our way out of the parking lot. However once he was sure his friends couldn't come up to his car and harrass him about having me in the car, words started flying.

"So, there's this girl in Mythology class," says Daniel. I freeze up, unable to look at him because he just might be talking about me. "Well. . . . she's kind of caught my eye."

"Who is it?" I ask, trying to keep my voice the same as it was minutes ago. I still can't look at him though because she just might be me.

"D'you want to try and guess?" My mind screams, 'No, just tell me,' but I nod my head instead. "Hmmm. . . . she's got brown hair. Her eyes are a really pretty sort of Hazel." He looks over at me expecting a guess, but all I can feel is my heart attempting to break out of my chest.

"Another hint?"

"She sits kinda near me in class and has glasses with a black frame around them. Forgot to mention she's kind of short too." Constantly, constantly, he calls me shorty. Not only that, but he makes fun of my glasses for having the black rim, saying that only nerds wear that kind. I bite my lower lip and reply:

"I don't know, tell me."

"Gah, so hopeless," He rolls his eyes. "Can't tell anyone though, promise you won't?"

"Promise."

"Caroline Trapmir, sits about a seat ahead of me." My heart stops its pounding. I swear it's broken in more than two pieces. Biting down on the side of my cheek as hard as I am so suddenly makes it hurt. Thank God my phone vibrates in my bag, Daniel doesn't know it's just an alarm going off. I fake a text from my mom.

"Mom says I need to come home. She's pissed." Sounding natural is difficult, so I look out the window and force a sigh.

"Agh? Really? I was looking forward to hanging out with you." Daniel frowns and pulls into a parking lot to turn around. Before we head back out he stops. "Is something wrong?"

The laugh I let out sounds fake. "Definitely not! Well something might be after my mom gets ahold of me!"

"Just thought something was wrong. You sounded kinda monotone for awhile there." This time he laughs and pulls out of the parking lot. On the way to my house, Daniel does all the talking with only the occasional 'Yeah?' or 'Uhuh.' from me. The moment he pulls up to my house I get out of the car.

"See you tomorrow," he says. Perhaps he's waving at me too, but I don't turn around to look.
Laura Buczynski
Laura Buczynski
Admin

http://cascadingwriters.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Physics [: Empty Re: Physics [:

Post  unknown Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

i really like it. I kept waiting for him to say it was her, but at the same time i knew you wouldn't do that! i can totally see this happening, in fact I've been in close to similar situations or have helped friends with this its very real.

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Buczynski Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks Kassie~<3 [:

And that's what I was trying to do. Create a scenario that /every/ girl has been through or been through a variation of that event.

And what's cooler (or so I think) is that the opening conversation was a real conversation I had with my boyfriend one day (obviously the event is not true XD) I love pulling pieces from real life <3
Laura Buczynski
Laura Buczynski
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:02 pm

that makes it so much better because i could see this happening and I feel like I want to tell her I'm sorry hun or tell her GROW SOME BALLS AND TELL HIM!!!! (also a recent condo i had) all the teen life stories out right now are about finding that guy and having the PERRRFFECCCt summer crap and falling in such love at 16 and crap and it being so perfect and ALL the teens having sex and doing drugs and drinking. Like what the heck i know a lot of kids do stuff thats not good but thats not how everyone is and really it annoys me how much fantasy there is in one book about normal teenagers

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Buczynski Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah~

I love how a lot of the 'teenage love' books are written by adults. XD Yeah they were teens once, but they don't know how things roll now. XD

Again, thanks [: <3
Laura Buczynski
Laura Buczynski
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unknown Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:36 pm

haha i know and they all assume the dumbest things. It's like not all teens act like this in fact most of us are not this emotionally unstable

unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  unused Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 am

Sexxyyyy story(: Hahah the tickling was pretty...well.
But then the douche (pardon) was being so irritating! I know exactly the type of scienerio, though. Like Kassie said, it's not unusual. But good job personalizing it for every girl who has ever existed.
Just one suggestion (and this is an issue I struggle with a lot as well): you tend to do a lot of ,ands in places where the story would be better off with a .Next Sentence. Like not run-on, but cleaned-up.
e.g.: "I laugh at him and my eyes drop to the hand that's holding his physics book. I don't let them linger there, I pull them back up to his face which has returned to normal."
So, maybe do a "I laugh at him. My eyes drop to the hand that's holding his physics book. I don't let it linger there ; I pull it back up to his face, which has returned to normal."
But, again, just a little suggestion. REALLY excellent writing, really real(:
<3 Keep writing, Laura!
unused
unused

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum